Friday, July 15, 2016

Five for Friday, July 15, 2016


This is another Five for Friday post.  
Thank you Kasey at Doodle Bugs Teaching!


These are things I like at school


  • Teaching
  •  that after 42 years teaching (36 in kindergarten) I still love it!
  •  my grade level team (Pam and Danielle, thank you!)
  • hugs
  • smiles
  • holding hands       

  • sunshine - if it is not sunny weather then I tell the students the sunshine is in their smiles 
  •  Watching the children "work" with each other 
  •  Watching the children discover something on their own (their ah-ha moments)  and sharing it with others
  • that I can still sit on the floor and get up (sometimes  with help )
  • Reading aloud
  • Doing art and crafts 
  • Singing and movement










These are only SOME of the resources I like:
  •  Havefunteaching.com  There are a lot of youtube alphabet videos the kids love to do.
  • Dr. Jean's youtube videos for brain breaks and movement activities for learning.
  • Cosmic Kids Yoga - this has great stories combined with yoga poses for the children to calm down and focus after recess
  •  Peace Out - meditation series begun by Jaime of Cosmic Kids Yoga.  This is also wonderful for after recess calm down
  • Cosmic Kids Zen Den - This is a new series of mindfulness relaxations for ages 5+.  It will be nice to have another resource by Jaime at Cosmic Kids .
  •  Disney's Sing-Along - I use my old DVDs and love these cartoon shorts with songs for after recess cooldown.
 

 







    Parents who help support school.  I've had parents who have made painting smocks and story telling gloves. Parents who enjoy coming in to read to the class or individual students.  Parent volunteers for class work and parties.  
    Parents who practice our school skills at home.  Communication from parents via phone calls, notes, email, stopping in and Remind.com.
    A grandmother made me this prop for a Christmas present.  I use it every year. It slips over a pringle can.
I love nursery rhymes.  When we learn Jack Be Nimble, we substitute the children's names when we recite the rhyme and jump over this candlestick.



Doing projects with my friend, Melody.  Our latest craft is painting rocks.  Her field 'grows' these field stones.



               




AT HOME:
  • watching thunderstorms and lightning in the distance 
  • reading on my front porch during the summer
  • taking a NAP on my front porch during the summer break
  •  playing Draw Something app  (grj3903)
  •  gardening - vegetables and flowers


  • watching the birds at my feeders 

  •   being with my grandchildren   

And writing this blog to share with you.


Jan         

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been teaching for a lot of years. How awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I wish I had a front porch to nap on...sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, this post just made me happy! I love getting to know you a little more!❤️

    ReplyDelete