Wednesday, June 29, 2016

HEY, I'm Learning!

Ha ha, it's new learning for me writing this blog.  Like how to add pictures.  The first time it took me hours!!  And I know there is more to learn. My latest discovery is how to make a link for subscribers. Silly me.
I have it now.  So check it out and see if it works for you.  Comments please, I want to know what is on your mind.  
I have also tried a larger font.  It is easier on my eyes.
In the meantime, are you saving these:

Frosting cans (save the lids too)

Don't you love the wording on the cup?  One of my favorite gifts from a parent!

For:
scissors, pencils, crayons, hole punches storage
game supplies: cubes, rings, cards

Breakfast Buddies containers   (I told you I save a variety of things.)
My grandson loves these Breakfast cereals.  I first liked the octagon shape.  I was sure I could find a use in the classroom for these such as: 
Small sorting cups for beads first comes to mind.  
Glue mixture and sponge
Use for paint stamping
Use to roll die into so they don't fall on the floor

So I have a stack of them.  Do you have any ideas?

M&M tubes
I put coins for sorting.  
Pennies for stacking in groups of 10.  
Bingo chips
There are different sizes and colors.  Each student can have their own prefilled tube for activities.


Fine motor skills
I have just discovered another blog.
http://handsonaswegrow.com
Check out Jamie's daily challenges.  Such a creative mom.
Since my grandson is 20 months, I am looking for developmental activities.   He was having a bit of a meltdown so grandma to the rescue.  Today we played with a strainer and pipe cleaners.
I adapted by cutting the pipe cleaners for easier manipulation.  Later we could use the varied lengths and colors for sorting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment