Sunday, September 10, 2017

More Apple Ideas

Counting Apples and Letter activities and crafts

Let's try saving seeds to use as counters.
  • Use number cards or roll die to use the seed count.
  •  Make number lotto (bingo) cards and use apple counters, bottle caps or rings to mark number shown or called for number recognition.


  • Make apple picture cards to show the Sequence of eating an apple.
  •  Apple puzzles
 Cut red, green and yellow apple shapes using die cuts.  Cut each into 3 pieces.  Put the pieces in a small zip bag for each student to assemble to make the apples whole again. It's not as easy as you may think for our little ones.  Great for part-to-whole practice.
Vowel sounds
  • Do you like to eat apples and bananas?
Sing/chant:
"I like to eat, eat, eat, Apples and Bananas.
I like to eat, eat, eat, Apples and Bannanas
Change the vowel sound to long vowels:
I like tee eet, eet, eet, Epples and Benenes
I like tee eet, eet, eet, Epples and Benenes 
I like tie  ite, ite, ite, Ipples and Bininis
I like tie  ite, ite, ite, Ipples and Bininis 
I like to ote, ote, ote, Opples and Bononos
I like to  ote, ote, ote, Opples and Bononos
I like to  ute, ute, ute, Upplus and Bununus
I like to ute, ute, ute, Upplus and Bununus"


Ok, I'm not sure how to write those long vowel changes correctly.  Hope you got it.  Find Raffi in Concert CD and he sings it much better.

Letter Identification
  • Where is Johnny Appleseed.  Letter identification.  This is a free TPT idea by Amy Lattin.   
Lay out letter cards and place a picture of Johnny Appleseed BEHIND one of the cards.  Students can guess which card Johnny is hiding behind by naming the letter.


Art
  •  Apple prints are fun. 
  • This is an oldie but a goodie easy apple craft using squares for leaves and apples.  (There's a name for this but I forgot what it's called at this moment.)

Hand-in-hand we grow!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment