Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Hand Crafts in December

Hand-in-hand we grow....And to make crafts and gifts for our families.

Forever Handprint
This project has been a yearly gift to my families.  They grow up so fast.  Many parents mention that they bring this out year after year and remember when they were so small.  The print could be made on a square with the poem on the back and used as an ornament or as above all on one side as a wall ornament.
Even making the print on the front of a folded paper card with the words inside.  Or both parts on a horizontal folded card to put on a table top. 
"You clean my prints from wall and door,
for I'm not careful when I play.
But here's a print you'll want to keep,
it's made for you this Christmas Day.
Love,  "

Hand print snowmen ornament.
You will need clear plastic ornament balls for each child.  White acrylic paint, Sharpie markers in black, brown, orange, green/purple/red/blue.  Package of craft snow.  Ribbon and printed cards with poem. 
"You hang me on a tree, as you can plainly see,
but the secret you don't know,
is that the snowmen in a row,
are my five fingers oh so wee,
that belong to the one
and only Me!!" 
Paint child's hand using acrylic white paint.
Spread fingers like holding a ball.







Place the bulb and press fingers on the ball. 
Carefully remove the ornament.  Let them dry a day or so.  
*Write the child's name near the top of the bulb with a sharpie before painting.

Use the Sharpies to add details of hat, arms, eyes, mouth, nose, buttons and scarves.  (My orange marker dried up so I have to get another one.  They still look cute without the nose.
Remove the top and put a bit of 'snow' inside.  I think just enough to cover the bottom is plenty.

To wrap, we found that chinese carryout boxes are a perfect size.  We printed holiday clip art for the children to cut out and glue on the sides of the boxes.  To my family cards are made to send home.

No comments:

Post a Comment