Friday, November 11, 2016

Five for Friday November 11, 2016



https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-w7qEm09C3Ok/V-RfIQQ-ClI/AAAAAAAAhvg/f2RwtSJMRg0x8-VAjkSRBbGWUvFElSSQwCLcB/s1600/fiveforfriday2_thumb%255B3%255D.jpg

Thank you Kasey for this link. 


As the children were coming into class, one of my little girls was crying because she left her lunchbox in her mom's car.  I hugged her and said "Don't worry.  We can call her.  Does your mom have a cell phone?"   She continued to cry and answered sobbing, "No she only has an Iphone!"  

So, besides not calling those initial sound pictures 'telephones' any more, I now need to be specific on the phone pictures also.

 .
 I developed a cutting rubric and 'lesson' to go along with the coloring rubric I shared last week.
I plan to use a red circle with a line through for the way NOT to hold scissors or cut.

With time, practice and patience, they will improve.




 .
Veteran's Day hats
For our school program each year, kindergarten has to look cute.  We always wear an "Uncle Sam" red, white and blue hat that we make.  This year, I am having them write/glue the words "Thank you!" on the back.  
They all did so well during the program.  It always brings tears to my eyes hearing each class sing their song honoring our visitors and veterans.
Our kindergarten this year:
 

My son-in-law to be, is an army veteran and came to our celebration last year.  
 

 .
We love Pete the Cat.  This week we did a directed draw and a painted handprint and made a Pete.  Each time the children had to write a sentence about "I love my (color word) shoes."
 

 .
And there's a full moon Monday.  But I didn't need to remind you of that, did I?

Image result for picture and message about full moon


 .

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your Veteran's hats! AND the cutting rubric. They need things like that- and it really helps the kids see what things are supposed to look like! Good luck with that Supermoon this week! :)
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Full moon Mondays are rough....hang in.....
    Lori @
    Outside of My Classroom

    ReplyDelete