Saturday, September 3, 2016

Five for Friday, September 2, 2016


What's wrong with me?  I am beginning to write and think 2017!

This is some of Five for Friday, September 2, 2016what we did this week in my class.
.

I have assessed all the children on their letter recognition and made a Capital (Uppercase) graph and a Lowercase graph.  I showed the children their 'line' and grouped them by their need.  I selected the alphabet arc that each would work with to practice matching.
.
 Some students were chosen to work with partners to take turns matching the letters and saying the letter name.
.

Some students wanted to make words and their name.

.



A few students were challenged to match the capital letters to the lowercase font.  (Actually I gave the wrong cup of letters to him but he went along with it.  Another student noticed that he had the wrong letters but it didn't bother him.  I acted as if I did it on purpose.  Even unconsciously I come up with activities. Haha, it worked.)

.
Another group needed back to basic, singing the abc song. We practiced following left to right and row by row singing the song and using milk bottle ring isolated each letter.  
This was a challenge in itself for one of my groups.  But...
 
The more we practiced (right),
the better they will get!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment